San Francisco, May 11, 2021
DoorBird Launches IP Upgrade for DoorKing® Intercoms
First hybrid upgrade D1812 for existing DoorKing® 1812 installations
Bird Home Automation, the leading manufacturer of IP video door stations, launched the first hybrid IP intercom D1812 for upgrading DoorKing® telephone intercom systems. The new model adds DoorBird IP technology to installations of the DoorKing® 1812 series while keeping their analog telephone intercom system running. The electronic core and the stainless-steel front panel in DoorBird design are easily installed via Power over Ethernet (PoE) and fit the existing DoorKing® 1812 housing perfectly. As a result, the new upgrade allows homeowners to have a state-of-the-art access control and intercom system with minimum effort.
The D1812 hybrid upgrade includes numerous high-tech features, remotely configurable via the free DoorBird app and with no licensing fees of any kind:
- 1080p camera with ultra wide-angle 180° hemispheric lens and night vision
- Free Cloud recording
- RFID reader, 13.56 MHz with MIFARE® DESFire support, remotely manageable
- 4D motion sensor
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Wi-Fi enabled, 2.4 GHz, if a network cable is not used
- Wiegand protocol support (26, 30, 31, 34 and 44 bit)
- Illuminated keypad with up to 500 remotely manageable PIN codes
- Individual schedules, e.g. to trigger relays or smart home commands upon certain events
- Geofencing for automatic gate opening when returning home
- Open API for third-party integrations such as Control4, URC, RTI, Crestron etc.
- Support for NVRs such as Synology, Luma, Lilin, Qnap and IC Realtime
The DoorBird D1812 integrates in DoorKing® 1812 Classic Surface Mount, 1812 Classic Flush Mount, 1812 Plus Surface Mount and 1812 Plus Flush Mount. All DoorBird intercoms are developed, designed and carefully manufactured in Germany and comply with the highest security standards.
DoorKing® is trademark of DoorKing, Inc. Bird Home Automation has no affiliation with DoorKing, Inc.